Whether you are exploring the city with friends or hoping to take some much needed “me time,” Alexandria has everything you need to enjoy your stay.
- Explore the city by bike with Port City Brewing Co. or Unlimited Biking
- Restore and rejuvenate with yoga, massages and more at Your Life Energy Holistic Center
- Curl up with a good book at Saint Elmo’s Coffee Pub, Misha’s Coffee or Dolci Gelato and Coffee
- Shop until you drop at any number of boutiques and shops
- Check out the nightlife scene by catching a show at the legendary Birchmere Music Hall, cutting a rug at Nick’s Country Western Nightclub, or sipping something speakeasy-style at PX Lounge
Weddings strike the romantic chords of our hearts. Use this trip as a chance to celebrate your love in the “#1 Most Romantic City in the U.S.,” as ranked by Amazon.
- Treat yourself to a couple’s spa day at Kimpton’s Lorien Spa
- Check out our ultra-romantic date ideas
- Challenge each other to a game of mini golf at Cameron Run Regional Park
- Say “Cheers” at the 2016 Small Brewing Company of the Year, Port City Brewing Co.
- For fancier fare, try La Bergerie, voted one of the most romantic by locals
- Hop aboard the Dandy Cruise Ship for an enchanting dinner on the water
Finding entertainment for kids and teens is no easy feat—luckily, we got you covered between tours, shopping, and countless sweet tooth satisfiers.
- Say “argh, mateys!” on the Pirates on the Potomac cruise
- Play all day in the sun with water parks, batting cages, golf and more at Cameron Run Regional Park
- Ignite your imagination at Hooray for Books
- Make discoveries at the Alexandria Archaeology Museum, Alexandria Black History Museum or on a colonial scavenger hunt
- Test your critical thinking skills at Escape Room Live
- Find inspiration at the National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Boo! Get spooked on a ghost tour
- Upgrade your wardrobe at teen and young adult hot spots such as The Lucky Knot, Mint Condition and more