August 1, 2022
Alexandria Restaurant Week Returns August 19-28, 2022 with New Pricing Structure
Nearly 70 Restaurants to Participate
Alexandria, VA—For 10 days and two weekends, nearly 70 restaurants in Alexandria, Virginia, will offer a $25, $35 or $45 per person prix fixe dinner for one during Alexandria Restaurant Week, August 19-28, 2022. Special menus are available in-person at all participating restaurants, many with outdoor dining available. The new pricing structure reflects a spectrum of Alexandria’s offerings from fast casual to fine dining. The online menu book makes it easy to browse delicious selections from special menus at established local favorites and newly opened eateries.
Al fresco dining abounds with options including waterside views at Hummingbird, beer garden vibes at Augie’s Mussel House, a brand-new patio at Kismet Modern Indian and much more. Plus, check out a first-time Restaurant Week participant, Del Ray’s pop-up Tiki Bar, whose offerings include “Cocoloconut” shrimp and smoked jerk wings.
Alexandria Restaurant Week showcases the inventiveness of local chefs in neighborhoods throughout the city, including Old Town, Del Ray, Carlyle and Eisenhower, and the West End.
Alexandria Restaurant Week Menu Highlights:
- The Study at Morrison House in Old Town offers creative, elevated selections from Chef Tomas Chavarria, who recently appeared on Food Network, ranging from turnip ceviche to Mesoamerican chocolates.
- Owned by a native of Italy, Aldo’s Italian Kitchen on Eisenhower Avenue is perfect for a Mediterranean feast with dishes like caprese salad, chicken piccata and sweet endings like pistachio ricotta cake.
- Cheesetique, a Del Ray favorite, offers a three-course menu filled with hearty delights such as creamy black truffle gnocchi and much more.
- You’ll be tempted to start with dessert at beloved West End hub City Kitchen, with options including “summerberry” cheesecake and “devil’s latte” cream cake.
- Head to King Street’s Hard Times Café for a laid-back atmosphere and crowd-pleasing plates such as crispy Brussels sprouts and ever-popular “chili mac.”
- Check out Carlyle’s Pasara Thai with a mouth-watering three-course menu featuring flavors from fresh papaya salad to sweet-and-savory pork pad see lew to rich sticky rice with coconut custard.
- Located in Alexandria’s Arlandria neighborhood, RT’s serves the flavors of The Big Easy with alligator stew, shellfish etouffée and Creole bread pudding.
WHAT: Alexandria Restaurant Week
WHEN: 10 days and 2 weekends, August 19-28, 2022
WHERE: Neighborhoods throughout Alexandria, Virginia, including Old Town, Del Ray, Carlyle and Eisenhower, and the West End
HOW: $25, $35 or $45 prix fixe dinners for one person
ABOUT ALEXANDRIA RESTAURANT WEEK
Alexandria Restaurant Week was launched in 2009 by Visit Alexandria and has since been a favorite amongst patrons and restaurateurs, occurring biannually in the winter and summer. In addition to serving as an economic driver for Alexandria restaurants, Alexandria Restaurant Week bolsters the city’s reputation as a culinary destination.
ABOUT ALEXANDRIA, VA
Voted one of Travel + Leisure’s Best Cities in the U.S. 2022 and Southern Living’s Best Cities on the Rise 2022, Alexandria hums with a cosmopolitan feel and a walkable lifestyle—a welcoming weekend escape next to our nation’s capital. Founded in 1749, Old Town Alexandria is the nation’s third oldest locally designated historic district, boasting more than 200 independent restaurants and boutiques alongside intimate historic museums and new happenings at the waterfront. At the heart of it all is bustling King Street, a walkable mile recognized as one of the “Great Streets” of America. Walk in the footsteps of George Washington and America’s Founding Fathers while learning about Black history and African American changemakers that have shaped the history of Alexandria and the U.S.
Connect with us!
# # #