Mount Vernon by Bike, Boat or Bus
- 221 King Street Alexandria, Virginia
01 | 08
Planning to visit George Washington’s Mount Vernon from Alexandria? Why not add to the adventure by cruising down the Potomac by riverboat, pedaling a bike along the scenic Mount Vernon Trail or hopping on a luxury shuttle down the National Park Service’s George Washington Memorial Parkway? You can even mix and match your modes of transportation-go down one way, come back another!
- Riverboat: Daily, April-October, departs Alexandria Marina: 10 a.m., departs Mount Vernon Dock: 4 p.m.
- Bicycle: Daily, April-October, self-guided, eight miles each way. Requires 24-hour advance reservation
- Bus: Saturdays & Sundays, Memorial Day-Labor Day, departs Alexandria: 9:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m., departs Mount Vernon: 1 p.m. & 4:30 p.m.
- Build your own tour: Bike & Boat, Bike & Bus or Boat & Bus
Skip the line! All tours include tickets into the estate. Reserve your trip today.