- 118 N. Washington Street Alexandria, Virginia
01 | 03
Christ Church is an English country-style church built between 1767 and 1773 to meet the spiritual needs of its parishioners and the community, a tradition that continues today. Originally built in a quiet, wooded location, Christ Church now has more than 2,400 members and is in the heart of the City of Alexandria. All are welcome.
George Washington was first elected to the Truro Parish in 1762. The parish, a geographic area, included Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, and Mt. Vernon. Washington bought and later rented a box family pew and attended services when in Alexandria. Visitors are welcome to sit in the pew.